This Isn’t Your Old Smart Thermostat!February 13, 2020
Protect Your Vacation Home This Spring BreakMarch 3, 2020
This weekend was filled with some GORGEOUS weather! So I actually spent most of my Sunday outside! Meanwhile, I had a hankerin’ for some chicken pot pie. A true homemade chicken pot pie, is not a quick thing to make. So this lazy version allowed for all day sun time plus getting my craving! That is what I am sharing with you today!
Lazy Chicken Pot Pie
(Made for a family of 4)
- 1 can Pillsbury Biscuits Original – 8 Biscuits(some good flaky homemade ones would do too!)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 package of frozen mixed veggies( I just did the peas and carrots, ideally I would use the one that includes green beans too, but I have a family member who detests green beans)
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 1-2 cups of chicken broth ( adapt to your preference, I like my rue creamier)
- 1 Can of Cream of Chicken ( I do the bigger can because again I like creamy, but you can adapt that as well)
- salt and pepper
- Bake the biscuits on parchment lined baking sheet according to temperature requirements on the can, however only bake for half the time(I had to figure this one out. It ensures the biscuit being cooked thoroughly at the end of the recipe.)
- In a large skillet add your frozen vegetables and butter. Give them a good 5-7 minute saute, until the veggies are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk in the broth and cream of chicken soup to get a nice thick consistency. Simmer for 1 minute to thicken the mixture. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat and add in the cubed and cooked chicken. Stir until well combined. If your mixture gets too thick, just add in a little more chicken broth.
- Pour into a glass baking dish. Take the half baked biscuits from the baking sheet and flip them over on top of your mixture, so they continue to brown on the other side.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until biscuits are golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Next you should jump over and Meet the The Girl Behind the Recipes!
Got any great dessert recipes? Send them to us and we would love to feature them!!